Tuesday 12 August 2014

Grover Screws replacement - FINALLY ! ..and I got G.A.S.

Hello folks

Sorry for the long absence away from the blog..........  seems like quite a few months since I last posted something here..... around 3 months or so?  

Well, I'm back to share what I've been up to lately...

Last Year I wrote up a "how-to" guide to replace the original tuner heads on the #Yamaha Pacifica 112X with the Grover Roto's;

One of the frustrations I had was with the poor quality screws supplied...  they were damn awful - so soft and next to useless.

I wrote to Grovers - and they replaced the screws...  *how very kind of them!* - link below to the original post...

http://sixstringzuk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/quick-update-on-soft-screws-problem.html

..anyway...................... I digress....

I finally got around to replacing the screws with the new ones, and OH BOY - they are so much better.  They are marginally larger, but to be honest - I'm not too bothered about it. 

The screw heads are good - and strong like BULL !



While the Pacifica was on the bench - I decided to give it a good clean up, and replace the strings to a gauge closer to the original OEM set; 

When I changed the tuners initially - I fitted D'Addario EXL120 - Super Light ...but I wasn't happy with them.  

With the EXL120's gone - I speed-fitted a new shiny set of Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys....  and it's amazing how much better the Pacifica 112x feels and sounds now.


Thumbs DOWN from me for the EXL120's !!!

ME NO LIKEY !

I think that the Pacifica will be getting some extra "play time" real soon................  but as I've been hit with G.A.S. again - something else has been vying for my attention.

Sean Bean says it best...............





No comments:

Post a Comment